Friday, July 17, 2009

Jesus is my hope!

Good Morning friends & family,
I am writing this to update y'all. And a little confession is good for the soul. I had a crazy day yesterday, really a crazy week OK Truth be told- a crazy last several month's.
Jack's tooth continues to give him pain. So we went back to the Doctor and this time he changed the antibiotics to the big guns and will recheck him on Monday. He was having what the Doc thinks was a allergic reaction to the antibiotic. He has taken it before and this has never happened. Last weekend his throat was closing and he was having trouble swallowing. I know having this bad of an infection close to his brain and his heart can be very serious. Although the Doctors have not been alarmed. With all this going on and not having answers yet. I have decided I am not going to Colorado For the birth of Adams baby #3 right now. Maybe I will go later or maybe not. I want to wait and see. I am also taking into account that our daughter in law (Jayme) has her mother (Bev) there with them right now and she wants to stay for the birth.
My first priority is to take care of my husband. He still is working and doing all his normal routine so he doesn't need care really, but he does need my support. Between his tooth and his back, he has been in pain for a long time and that has taken a toll on him. Everything about his back has been put on hold until this tooth thing is completely cleared.
I am not only staying for Jack, How easily I put the problem outside myself. I am so overwhelmed lately. I am just plain tired. Worn out from carrying around other's troubles. Not just Jack's. To the point I am weighted down and feeling crushed. I know when I feel this way, sadly I have felt this way many times. I need to stop! Obviously I am not trusting God. When I am thinking - I am in control, handling everything on my own. "I" am the trouble. So quickly my focus changed and I took my eyes off of Jesus. God is and will always be my first priority. Then Jack, then the family, then everything & everyone else, family of God, ministry, service, etc,etc,etc.....I need to get back to Jesus- He is my Rock and Comfort -He is the answer, to all of life's questions. So I will be be here practicing the presence of God this week. To get back on track, knowing Jesus is my all in all. I surrender all to Jesus, Lord and Savior. I surrender all!
I am struggling with the decision to change my plans as I hate to disappoint anyone. Now I am struck with...( I did not think first of God's disappointment with me.) When I totally disregard God and His desire for "all of me."
I am asking for your prayers in this struggle/ life/ journey.To God be the glory! He's not finished with me yet. Amen
Humbly, Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment